Friday, May 04, 2012

i was just about to...

I took a bit of a hiatus from blogging - turns out that when I have a life and David is home I'm less inclined to blog... I think it speaks volumes about my life over the course of blogging for more than 10 years now... sigh.

And so - you should have guessed by now that David is making the trek back to Vancouver - sadly without me this weekend - our goodbyes are tear filled, but this mornings came with a new phone so we can FaceTime from afar and stay better connected.  Hooray.

And so ... what has happened - well I don't have much time right now - taking up my lunch to blog - but had to share one story from the past two weeks...

Turn on your imagination...

It is Sunday, quiet, beautiful - good weather for a hot dog roast - so we pile in the car and drive to Nazko for some afternoon wiener roasting and marshmallow browning.

We enjoy some yummy wieners and watermelon that seems to taste like orange because an orange sat just a little too close to the watermelon when we bust out the marshmallows - we cook many - many, many - and then the last round seems to be on the fire - Kyle has cooked six (6) at the same time... enough for all... and as luck would have it Michael buggers off to play and one of the marshmallows does a dive into the fire... so with five masterfully cooked mallows come to the table.  Grandma (yes, mom) takes one off - passes it - takes another off, passes it - then takes one off and says - to Kyle - while holding it up in the air - wow - these totally look like assholes...

pin drop


We look at each other.

Did she just tell Kyle that these marshmallows look like assholes...



bwahahahahahahahahaha

We howl!  I mean - nearly peeing our pants - howl....


And then what does my mom say - well - I just haven't eaten this much sugar in a long time, that's what happens when I have too much sugar... so note to self - don't feed mom sugar - she turns into a cursing pirate...

More stories tonight... plus photos...

xo

No comments: