Sunday, March 11, 2007

home

So we broke the return trip home up - took the Kelowna, Vernon, Falkland, Westwold, Monte Lake, Monte Creek way to Kamloops and spent a night. That is a terrible road! It is about 60km less than the Merritt to Kelowna way but it took the same amount of time! WHAT THE HELL! So I'm not going that way again. I was actually a little disappointed with all the cities - Vernon has some beautiful murals, but that was about it. Kelowna is like Langley stretch about 10km and Kamloops... well we were quite unimpressed. It seemed to have the most visible homeless and is super unorganized - it was like the planners couldn't decide whether the valley or the mountain top was better so they decided to build everywhere.

I know, I know - Quesnel is stretched out all over the place, but there is just something different here... (I know - it's the air.. ha ha ha ha)

So we found Andy a basement suite fully furnished all inclusive - other than food and internet. He will have an amazing view of Okanagan Lake and after just two days in Kelowna we sounded like locals - 'yep, we are in the village - oh yeah Rutland - not great - it's like surrey' There were Quesnel people there and Prince George people - it was like we didn't really leave... which was odd... we saw a guy I've seen working at costco in prince george since I went there for university.

Kids - well Kyle is nearly himself again and Michael is definitely better. Michael slept the whole way home today which was great. I stopped in Cache Creek to gas up and get some slurpage - and then we carried on and got home in time for dinner. My grandma gave us a gift certificate to Savalas for Christmas and we used that tonight - and it was actually good. Why actually? Well I just didn't know what to expect - the management changed a while ago and - you never know - and well before the management change it wasn't great. So we did some grocery shopping tonight and now we are all adjusting to the time change - again - WHAT THE HELL! Can't us Canadians do anything on our own - are we really going to save energy - that's it I'm going to leave all my lights on while I sleep tonight just to protest... ok I won't - I want to save the planet too... damn Al Gore :)

No comments: