Monday, March 26, 2007

let's all ride vegetables

Andy had a hockey tournament over the weekend, so me and the boys went and watched the second half of one game - the other team was a true team and Andy was on the - everyone else who didn't have a team - team... it was pretty clear the other team had plays and strategy.... in any case Kyle had a grand time (I'll post pictures later this week) - the game was mostly at the other end of the ice and Kyle wanted to be like the other crazy kids and run on the bleachers - when he looks at me and says "mom, where is the zucchini?" this coming from a kid that hates vegetables and says matatoe and momato just to egg us on... I'm like "what?" the zucchini mom, where is it - and then it dawns on me - right - the zucchini comes at the end of the game - darn ice cleaning zucchinis... :)

I can't recall if I've posted this before but Kyle has an odd taste in sandwich combinations right now too - his favorite sandwich is... peanut butter, banana and .... cheese - I'm not kidding - he loves it - and because I think he may be the first of his kind I'm officially declaring it the Kyle sandwich - unless someone else posts and says they love it too - in which case - please expect comments like - EEEWWWWWWWW! and BLAH! and How can you eat that?

News - well since most of Quesnel is blabbing about it now - I'm working on getting a film here. I've been working with the City and Wells (www.wellsbc.com) on assisting a film crew in working in the area for a little while. Things were quick to happen last week and now it has calmed down... with any luck we will have the film crew here in three weeks - of course the rumors were/are madness and I had one business put up a highway sign welcoming the unconfirmed crew... but it's fun and it has been a good couple of days. Jen - is this the life of film crews - busy busy, quick in and out times short schedules, or am I just too new to the whole film scene and should have different expectations...

Andy leaves on Saturday and then the real madness will begin in my life - kids start full time daycare next week - short week though - we are heading down to see him before the long weekend starts and meeting Paula in Penticton over the weekend. HOORAY! small vacation! hooray! hooray! good night my lovies :)

oh and sarah - happy belated birthday - i completely forgot until I checked your blog tonight and realized that I was way past the ides of march - hope you had a good one!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Yep. Pretty much it. Insanity while they're there...late nights, etc. And then they're gone. The production company would have to be paying everyone for every day they're there, whether they're working or not, so they work a lot in as little time as possible. Enjoy!

Tyler wanted to laugh when I showed him what you asked.