Saturday, March 03, 2007

away

So the boys are in Kitimat visiting family and friends and I'm home... cleaning. I couldn't get the time off work, as I'm trying to save days for going to Kelowna throughout the summer (Andy is going there is a few short weeks...) and thought it would be best to stay now and take time next weekend.

What does this mean? Well I have the house to myself and I'm cleaning. I steam cleaned the living room over two nights because the furniture had to stay in the room, and I've cleaned nearly everything in kitchen. I still need to do the fridge and couple of dishes, but other than that it is looking... F-I-N-E! The boys bedrooms are nearly clean and our room is clean. The basement still needs some assistance but I've got tonight and all day tomorrow. I spent the morning cleaning and then headed out to help a friend with some moving of boxes. At the time I was all "this is no problem - it's a great cardio work out!" and now I'm like... holy crow my arms are sore and my legs are wobbly... I also recycled today - HOORAY! (Yes, I have officially joined the totally lame club.)

On the 'me' front, I had a pedicure this afternoon with a deaf staff member. It was kind of odd... the other thing was she was new to the whole practice. My heels were brutal - one has cracked REALLY BAD - and I went in to cancel, but the girl at the front said "you'll be fine, I would get it done because of the crack" - sure - so the new girl didn't really know she could press harder and really get that dead stuff off so the other girl had to help... outside of that she did a great job - (Paula - better than vancouver with you and Wendy... WAY BETTER!) she doesn't speak and I know a little sign... so I apologized for my terrible heels - I guess when I go for that I expect to have a chat with a stranger about all my shit and I didn't get that... it was a double bench so I was sitting with - as it turned out - a past summer student, so it wasn't bad, as I could talk with her and her esthetician...(is that right...???) I felt like the third wheel though. So I sat there and just enjoyed the minty air and enya :)

I've been to the library twice in two days and got all the books I never get to even look at when I take the boys - that has probably been the best part of the weekend. I went over my lunch break yesterday and browsed - and then today I went to pick up a couple more. Anyone know how to quilt? I'm left handed and retarded (for a lack of a better word) and really get lost in patterns and instructions - I will admit my faults. I'm looking for where to go for quilting help and how to get started. The library had nothing for beginners and I'm starting to think that quilting is an exclusive club and I haven't been invited yet. (Like I need more to do... I've just always wanted to learn and I have scrap fabric from pants and other projects.) Please don't put my comments -april just google quilting for beginners - I want something specific that has worked for someone else... :)

Well I'm going to go and read. I hope you are having an equally enjoyable weekend!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I've done a little. There are a TON of quilting clubs (little old ladies) all around here. I found a couple of them at county fairs in the area and they were quite forward in their saying they were willing to accept new members. lol Is there a senior's centre in the area that might have one?

Be well. I hate marking. I'm not liking this teaching full time again thing...

the author said...

Thanks Jen! Sorry about the marking... spring is fast approaching :)

You made me snort when you said seniors centre... I guess I will resort to that. Well I'm off to finish cleaning up before the boys get home - HOORAY!