Saturday, March 31, 2007

march 31

so Andy left for Kelowna this morning - it was terrible - we were both pretty upset and I've been a wreck all day - the boys are doing pretty good right now but I don't think they realize what has happened - Kyle has been asking all day about Kelowna and school... we did some shopping this morning nothing overly grand and then played most of the afternoon away - and went for a walk this evening - and, I will admit that I'm feeling nervous about walking around near my house with the recent drive by - yes, Quesnel had a driveby shooting - it wasn't random - they were targeted but it is unnerving and it all happened near my house... it makes me anxious - but I'm not going to be trapped in my house because of the stupid people

Andy should be in Kelowna by now - still haven't had another phone call - I've called his cell twice and get the - out of range crap... must be patient - I'm sure he's just being kind and thinks that I didn't get the kids to bed - meantime they've been down for 15 minutes.... alright - I'm going to go find something to do... I've got a pretty cool blanket on the go that should be quite amazing if I ever complete it.

Congrats to my sister on the move - I look forward to post about your new digs :)

2 comments:

chumly said...

Stay safe.

the author said...

Thanks for the advice chumly! :)

I heard some kids calling our area the ghetto and when I was a kid this was a great part of town. This was were we walked to get lunch and I never had any problems. It makes me sad that things have gone this way. But it isn't like me to sit back and let this happen so I'm joining a community group and hopefully we can work together to make some positive change. Only time will tell.