Tuesday, April 03, 2007

another day another dollar

well today was not as traumatic as yesterday - I didn't even cry today - freakin' amazing! Michael cried when I left but I stuck around in the boot room for a minute and it was under a minute and he was playing - so I didn't feel as heavy about it - work was busy - I've got so many meetings and phone calls and grant proposals - it just doesn't stop - and I know I'm missing things - I really want to focus tomorrow but the reality is that it is one of my staff members last days with us and I've got a grant due - I just want my desk to be clean before I leave for Kelowna... HOORAY!

I'm meeting Paula in Penticton and can't wait to see her... and of course the whole family is itching to see dad...

We went to my grandma's tonight - she had some easter stuff for the kids - and - well my grandma has a wee (major) temper about some things - Kyle touched something I think I actually say smoke come out of her ears - it wasn't anything significant but I guess you have to know my gran to understand. Kyle doesn't understand so we didn't stay long. I took them a treat from the bakery and wished them a happy easter.

Well I need to go and finish lunches for tomorrow. Here is my picture of the day.
This is the christmas project I was working on. I need a much better adhesive for the stickers - my first batch are not holding up as well as I had thought - well mine are but my mom-in-laws started peeling right away, as did the others... I think... I used my regular printer and costco photo paper, shrunk the photos with word, (I did a set of kids pics, I've got some cartoon ones that are Kyle's favorites, etc) adhered them to a regular charm bracelet with double sided tape and then coated them with clear nail polish (4-6 coats) I know there must be a product out there that does this better and if you have suggestions I'd love to hear as I would like to do more and would be happy to make them for other people - for as a little as the cost of the bracelet.... (one hundred million dollars - I bought it off of dr. evil :) )

3 comments:

Jen said...

Daycare is tough. I know. Quentin's been in a great one, and one that wasn't really so great. It wasn't bad for him, it just wasn't good for him either. We're back at the great one now. The kids love it, they do so much more than, really, I'd be doing with them every day. And the days that they just don't want to be passed over make it hard to walk away, but, and this is the important thing, we are not bad parents for doing so.

I'm sorry you're having a tough time without Andy. I can't imagine. We're heading to Kamloops this weekend and Tyler almost stayed home. He decided he didn't want to be away from us for that long. We've been lucky enough to have had very few times when we've had to be apart. Hugs, and know that it will be over.

Um, the only other thing is that I've had Modge Podge recommended as a sealer. When I made my paper mache turtle, I sealed it with that and it worked quite well. It comes in matte or gloss.

the author said...

Thanks Jen.

Not feeling much better today - Michael did way better at daycare this morning - now I'm just dealing with my own grief... I can't believe how sad I am right now and how agitated I become in short periods of time.

I will post pictures tonight from our trip.

Jen said...

A happy birthday to Andy!