Wednesday, April 18, 2007

i forgot

well I didn't really - I've just been swamped and little under the weather... or something like that - to post.

What I wanted to do more than a week ago was say thank you to Paula and her family to taking my crew in for Easter. The boys had a great time and Paula's grandparents are always a hoot :)

I also didn't talk about our trip to Kelowna. It was great, but I was a train wreck. All I could think about was leaving and how much that was hurting my guts. I just wanted to soak up every ounce of my husband and... really I just wanted to stay... but that just isn't in the cards right now. He had a lot of fun together and he might even come home this weekend. (Of course I'm already getting a knot over it, but trying desperately to just enjoy the time together and not dwell on our apart time.)


So this is the tub in the motel room Paula and her family graciously put us up in - this isn't a slam to them at all - they didn't realize that the motel hadn't been taken care of over the last year - what made this experience worse was when I ran the water and filled the tub for bath time - I walked away and came back to a black tub - Okanagan (OK) falls has had a water ban in place for a year and... well I don't think I'd even be boiling that stuff.... blah :( I know... Paula would say - it was fine after it ran for 30 minutes... but I didn't risk it - we waited till we got back to Kelowna for baths.


The room was a two bed suite... one of the beds was split in half though... odd - Paula being the great friend that she is slept on one of these - the boys slept with me on a full size bed... I was later told that more bugs were found under one of the "bed" covers the next morning... blah and double blah


Here is the start of the easter egg hunt... on your mark's, get ready...


Here is Michael picking up some bunny loot.


Here is Michael dragging his easter loot. His basket was so full that he was losing all the treats.... but this turned into a great game because he kept finding more. The endless supply of treats.


Here are the boys and me Paula after the easter egg hunt. Again, it was great fun and we can't say thank you enough for your families hospitality.


Here we are at the Chapters in Kelowna


This is a photo I took while we were driving under a willow tree in Kelowna. Kelowna was blooming up during Easter Weekend - very nice - we even got to go to Farmers Market - I'm really looking forward to go to future markets there.

Willow,
weeping for a lost love,
weeping for the pain of a friend,
weeping for the world,
the weight has pushed your branches down,
you drag and touch the ground and weep for us all to see,
you carry the load so beautifully,
your shape, your form,
your generous nature to take such a burden on.

1 comment:

the author said...

ok so if you see x's - those are not the photos i took - blogger is being bad tonight and not loading up properly... sorry - I will try again tomorrow if the error hasn't fixed itself.