Thursday, April 26, 2007

the wheels on the bus

Today marked our first trip as a family (minus dad) on Quesnel transit. Kyle kept asking why we had to take the bus and halfway through our journey he says to me "mom, i miss your car" My mom had car issues last night and had to borrow mine to get home, leaving us vehicless. We got off at school and I walked to work from there. It was actually quite nice as spring has finally come. Could I take the bus everyday? I think I could - I have some meetings that it might not work for, but for the most part I could... would I? Well saving the planet is one thing, but I felt like I was getting exposed to second hand smoke by sitting on the bus. I swear that everyone around us was emminating smoke... it was so gross. I'm quite sensitive to that now and it gave me a nice headache and sinus pain. That is a pretty big deterant...

I'm trying to stay upbeat on here. I have some work things I would love to download to my blog, but you never know who is reading these things... Let's just say that I'm too stressed out.

In the book of oddities... my mom is doing her docterate (?) in naturopathy right now. She is doing quite well and let's face it - I think it is pretty bogus. She rolls healing touch with auras and lots of other things that seem a little off in my books... but tonight... well my back has been bugging me for a couple of days. I over did my last work out - so not unbearable pain but that ache... however my back was really complaining. I kid you not that I'm sitting in the car with her and she says your back hurts - I'm thinking - is it that obvious... I knew I'd made some motions and was probably stretching - so I say yeah... (inside voice - please leave me alone, please don't tell me I'm blue.. lord) and then she puts her finger on the exact spot that had been killing me ... and it shut me up. She's like it's right here - right... all I could say was yeah... and she's all - yeah it was calling me... so that's it - I'm removing the cellular implant in my back - who knew it was going to start making calls on its own. Very very odd!

Nature news - I saw my first 2007 hummingbird tonight. Nice bright pink one - hanging out in the apple trees. My feeder is going out in the morning.

No comments: