Sunday, April 15, 2007

Sauerkraut disaster

Today was my breaking point with the kids - I lost my mind and Kyle just stood there like... what mom? ... or momma as he calls me when he wants to piss me off that little bit more - he definitely knows my buttons... kids.... anyways I lost it and then like a cool wind it went away - I had my meltdown and I felt a million times better after. Kyle was just being his non-listening four year old self - fun... nothing really happened - I yelled more than anything (extra loud... even for me) and he could have cared less - of course 20 years from now he'll be like my mom is a psycho cause once she freaked on me - I played it cool but I cried inside.........

we had a good afternoon together and then we went outside for fun with grandma and grandpa - Michael decided it would fun to do a faceplant on the driveway... he was "running" down the driveway and I got behind him to stop him when he crashed - he actually just fell down quite softly - no problem - then... he decided to pull his ostrich move and smack his forehead into the ground - it sounded bad - he cried for a couple of seconds (he cries harder when I drop him off for daycare) and then we saw his goosebump and scratches - no blood... and he was off running with grandpa shortly after.... but then he was a grump the rest of the night - things that would typically cause me great stress like two hours of whining and complaining caused me none, since my meltdown I'm feeling better about everything.

So we had sausages for dinner (rice and sausage for the boys, sausage and salad for me) and I chose to have sauerkraut with my meal - mistake number one was thinking this wasn't going to react poorly with whatever the heck is going on with my mouth - it actually feels like a layer of skin is coming out of my mouth when I eat some food (bacon, chocolate and now sauerkraut) - I'm casually putting the top back on the bottle of my lovely sauerkraut when I launch it - it goes everywhere - all over the kitchen, all over me... I guess it is all for the best because the first mouth full destroyed me... maybe it was foreshadowing...

Happy Belated Birthday to Jen - we hope you had a great day.

Andy was studying for his birthday - we sneakaly (yes it's a word) left a couple of treats for him when we visited - saved me postage :) He teased me with a possible trip home... but I guess we will see. We are in Vancouver on May 9-16 - so we will have to get together - that is an open invitation to all the vancouverite friends - and also - congratulations to gary and yoshie on the birth of their little boy :) HOORAY!

I'm going to go be a like a vegetable - night all :)

2 comments:

Carmen said...

April - I totally missed you... I am sooooo sorry... I didn't even realize that I had a message until I got home tonight... I would have totally had lunch with you... I am such a bad friend - or maybe I am just too used to the fact that nobody calls me so I don't check messages. I hope that everything is going well with you... we definitly need to chat sometime - and not just in Winners in the parking lot. Sorry I missed you!! Hugs!!

the author said...

Thanks for the note Carmen - I had a loner lunch on the way home - did some shopping and got prepped for a new contract I just got.

We will definitely have to get together - I'll be back in PG in a few weeks so I will make sure I leave some time open :)