Saturday, March 31, 2012

purge

So the great purge is finished.  I've cleaned up and the only messy piece left is what remains of the yarn.  I tossed a pile of it today because, while I love my grandma and want to build things that remind me of her, I know that I simply won't use the wool and that some of it was just not good working material anymore as it has sat for far too long.  So some went to Sally Ann and some to the trash heap.  (Yes, Mel - I have slippers, and three toques.  Do you want me to hold them till the season is upon us again... or just send them out...)

I'm working on a blanket to use up most of the scraps and things are going ok on that.  I'm about a foot into - it is colourful and fun - exactly what I wanted.

I put up pictures and really feel like more need to go up but I ran out of frames and I'm not 100% sure where frames and photos should go.  So I'm taking a break from that, but it is nice to have a few things up.

And that's about it - I'm going to get back to working on the blanket and chill out for the rest of the night - I actually ended up busy and out of the house most of the day which was a nice break given that I've been in the house all week.  Cold is still not completely gone but it seems that the good guys have the upper hand right now.  xo.

No comments: