Tuesday, March 27, 2012

slept for 20 minutes and then...

So I fell asleep and then woke up and now can't sleep because the swelling is so bad... so I'm going to try and keep my mind off of it by doing... last week's Tuesday 10 from Roots and Rings.


1. Should we keep doing Ten on Tuesday?
I like doing the Tuesday ten - it fills up these kinds of nights... 
2. How do you pick out your sunglasses?
Well since my grandmother got diagnosed with some scary eye disease that they say can be avoided if you wear sunglasses I've tried to take up the cause- I had a pair of Maui Jim's because the eye doctor told me to and since those were destroyed I've gone from pair to pair quite randomly.. my latest pair are big and fun... 
3. Do you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day?
Not really... but I do wear green - or try to remember to - this year I planned to make cupcakes and even bought all the gear but the guys weren't' here and so I didn't bother with it.
4. Name 5 movies that you will never get sick of.
That's tough... hmmm... Tropic Thunder, Iron Man, You've got mail, Princess Bride, Castaway - wow I could totally go on... there are lots of movies that just like watching - more as background noise than anything.  
5. Name 1 book that you will never get sick of.
The Stand, Stephen King - I could read it over and over... 
6. Do you know any sign language?
Yes - and it has come in handy since losing my voice this week.
7. What is your favorite kind of Girl Scout cookie?
I don't like Girl Scout (or rather - Girl Guide) cookies... 
8. Are you handy? (Can you fix or build anything?)
I enjoy fixing things.  I don't consider myself to be handy though.
9. In what form do you prefer your potatoes? (Baked, mashed, au gratin, hashbrowns, twice baked, etc.)
I've had some really good mashed ones at some events I've attended over the years... but I'm not really that in love with potatoes... less carbs the better... I say that and LOVE sushi, but actually don't enjoy rice that much... 
10. Do you believe the saying “actions speak louder than words”?
I think the spoken word is very important and in a world of texting it is being lost.. it is becoming Canada Post - in the context of politicians though - I think it is very important for their to be positive action and that words too often are thrown around like a bag of scrabble tiles... 
And now off to watch a film since sleep has now departed.. sigh.
xo my loves - I hope this is a bacterial infection - then I'll be getting meds tomorrow - if not... expect more whining.  xo
(I know - when was the last time you heard anyone say they hoped they had a bacterial infection - well I'm also hoping for that so that everyone else that has been around me the last three days or more doesn't get whatever awfulness has struck me. 
ok - good night

No comments: