Monday, July 09, 2007

home again

We made it home from Kelowna - 7 hours - had lunch in Cache Creek and waited 35 minutes for a (one) sandwich - not impressed - especially in plus 30 with two kids who were mostly patient. Now I'm sitting here unwinding from trying to Michael to bed. I started at 9pm and he finally went to sleep at 12:15. aaaahhhhhhhhH!!!!!!!!!

I initially was just staying in his room and not laying with him but just being there. I gave up after an hour and half. At 10:45 I started telling him he had to sleep and put him back to bed over and over again. After an hour and half of that I put him into bed and stood in the room for 1 minute and he fell asleep. Because he cried and stomped his feet for so long I keep hearing it - but he is definitely sound asleep. Tomorrow will be lots of fun - I will be tired, and grumpy on account of tonight and trying to - in the middle of this sentence I hear someone walking - Kyle has gotten up - LORD!... he went back to bed. This last week has been murder for their sleeping schedule and now trying to get them back on track is going to be BLAH!...

I guess I should just go to bed. Tonight's Andy's first night on car (in the ambulance)... I'm nervous for him and part of me doesn't want to go to bed because I keep thinking about him and how things might be going. I'll hopefully have an update on how the first night went tomorrow... or rather later today... since darn it anyway it is now july 9.... night

No comments: