Friday, July 06, 2007

where did I go?

Sorry for not posting in a while. I've been crazy busy and we are still on the road.

What have we been up to? Well the kids and I came to Kelowna on the 28th. On the 29th I asked Andy if he wanted to go to Vancouver - because - hey - why not? So we drove down - had sushi at Richmond Sushi....mmmmmm! (? not sure if this is what made me feel bloated and blah since....hhmm???) surprised Paula and Kyle spent the night with her - the next day we IKEA-d it and that night we all camped at Chateau Paula - I camped on the couch and spent most of the night on the bathroom - blah! Oh we also went to Granville Island because I can't seem to get enough of that place... (suspect place for getting ill though) Sunday we drove back to Kelowna because Andy had his first hands on day - that's right folks - raise your glasses and say it out loud Andy passed the first part of the paramedic program. He is completed the in class stuff and now has to complete a list of stuff in the car and in the hospital. He's completed two shifts and has a bunch more lined up for the next few weeks.

On Monday me and the kids drove to Calgary... my sister thought it was a four hour drive (377 km) from Calgary to Kelowna - a little off - it took us 9 hours to get there... very long! It was worth the trip as we got to see my sister, the calgary zoo and the science world. We cut the trip a little short because her box - they call them apartments in Alberta - was a little over heated for us and I couldn't put us through another night - sorry to my sister for us staying short, but thanks for letting us stay and have some fun - good time, not a long time :)

So I drove back to Kelowna (7 hours back... I learned how to drive like an Albertian while I was there) on Wednesday and we are here until Sunday. Yesterday we took it pretty easy because it was 36 degrees outside. We went out in the morning and didn't dare go out again until 7pm that night. It was still damn hot, but cooler and we headed to the beach which was nice and refreshing. Today we drove to Vernon and took in the Okanagan Science centre (I bought a pass to Exploration Place in PG and it gets you free access to all other affilated science centres in Canada and US - it was paid for itself about 5 times over now...) and say the dinosaurs - for a small town it was a good exhibit - don't go with Vancouver/Calgary science centres in mind - it was entertaining none the less. We also took in the mall and I managed to get some nice tops at Weiners.

And now I'm here - looking out over Kelowna enjoying a breeze and waiting for Andy to come back with some pizza and coolers for us to enjoy. Tomorrow is farmers market and garage sales and then back to Quesnel on Monday.... I'll have photos once I get back to Quesnel. I hope everyone else is having a good summer and I look forward to reading about your adventures on your blogs... and on damned facebook.

No comments: