Saturday, July 28, 2007

the weekend

It's Saturday, but I feel like I'm in a time warp now. Michael is sick and didn't sleep much last night. He sleeps for a while and then wakes up sad. It started on Thursday night, little bit worse yesterday in the day and then last night and today its gained momentum. I took him in today and the doctor said his lungs weren't clear and his throat is a little red. So now I'm just trying to keep him happy.... of course this has all flared his eye up so he can hardly see out the one eye... Hopefully the medicine we were prescribed gives Michael a break.

Andy went back to Kelowna yesterday - we got to have lunch with Carmen (her last weekend in good old PG) and then Andy flew back.

So now it's about three hours after I started this post - Michael is playing a little so that is comforting - he still too hot and not himself but hopefully the worst is past us. Now we are sitting on the deck trying to cool off because the house is out pacing the outside for temperature... blah! I guess maybe we will go sit downstairs... hope everyone is having an enjoyable weekend.

---- scary moments -----
Now this didn't scare me until after but today when we went to the walk in clinic Michael ran out the door - it is set up in a large building with multiple businesses - so he ran into the corridor - I got up and ran after him - as I got to the door a man came in and ran towards us and then past us - I went after Michael in his direction and picked him up - from the other end of the hallway I hear - freeze it's the police - I look up - no fear - I actually didn't even get scared or think twice - but when I looked I could see it was two safeway employees - they were chasing this person. He took a look at us and then ran out the back door. They kept following and everyone around us were looking like - holy shit - that was scary. It wasn't until we were sitting in the back room waiting for the doctor that I realized that could have been a terrible situation. Of course I started to play the 'what if' game and soon realized we were probably lucky today. So I'm giving the boys extra hugs and I'll pass along hugs from all of my family and friends who I know will read this and think about hugging the boys.

1 comment:

The Jaded Bee said...

Thank you for hugging your boys in advance for me. Give yourself one too.