Sunday, July 29, 2007

thiefs

Last night the boys and I went for a walk - probably 2km (ish)... I left with the sprinkler turned on because my raspberries were parched. Kyle put on his helmet and then decided he just wanted to cruise with Michael in the wagon... so we end up at a school park and had a good time (great time considering how Michael has been feeling... this helped tire him out again...) we get back to the house and about 30 minutes later I go to turn off the water... I left the water on low so it wasn't like I was wasting water and Quesnel hasn't actually put any restrictions in place this year. So I go outside and no water... no raspberries either... so some a-hole saw the water on and wanted to eat - so the turned the water off so they wouldn't get sprayed and then gorged on our jam berries. This is the third time it has happened - with the theft of the berries - not with the water. We've talked about building a fence but I just don't think I should have to take such drastic action (we back on to a fire lane) I'm thinking of planting a line of lilacs nearest to the raspberries and hoping for the best... other suggestions would be appreciated... my parents suggestion is 'fix the kitchen and sell the house' - they hate us living here - of course their idea of perfect living is out in the boonies - I love their place but wouldn't love the commute as much as they suggest they do.

No comments: