Thursday, July 12, 2007

teeth

Oh - I didn't mention that I went for a checkup today. It was terrible, it also taught me a lesson. Lesson 1 - go to dentist more often so scaling doesn't feel like that... LORD - I had to take tylenol tonight for my jaw and for my gums... could she have dug more - Lesson 2 - make sure the boys take care of their teeth and love the dentist - I witnessed a 10 year old have a meltdown today and it was very sad. The dental assistants could not get him to go back in the room to get the needle for the cavity. I actually wanted to cry because his pain and fear was so intense - where was his mom? She went shopping for an air conditioner and wasn't answering her cell. He sat there for an hour and the whole time he wouldn't change his mind - then the mom comes in and says - go to the van... he leaves and she says to the dental assistants - sorry he was such an ass, i can't believe how big an ass he is - and the assistant heard - he is such an ass - and thought she meant the dentist - the looks that started to happen were funny - then she said - wait - I mean my son - which didn't make it any better because - what the hell - you don't need to publicly embarrass your children. So I learned that I need to be there for my kids - and that situations like that need to come first even if it is 35+ degrees. Love your babies... hug your parents, love your family and keep them close.

No comments: