Wednesday, November 14, 2007

help... again :)

Tomorrow night I'm decorating a tree for the local festival of trees competition. Some of the gear I was hoping would be here didn't show and now the tree needs help. The theme is dragon flies but a bunch of them didn't show up or did and looked like they'd come out of an old ladies 1980's garden display of useless crap... think of bright pink nylons wrapped on a net made to look like a dragonfly with added crap on the side... so those were a no go because the rest of the stuff looks too good and that would just drag the look down.

I'm considering placing snowflakes on the tree, with the dragonflies. I've posted the photos below and am just looking for second/third/fourth opinion on it. Does it go? Do you have suggestions for putting them together? I'm decorating in less than 24 hours so any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.


This is a small blue crystal dragonfly.


Small clear crystal dragonfly.


Blue snowflake - a large one of these might act as the topper as well... not sure - could also go with a white/silver one as well.


5" long clear dragonfly


Branch filler - there are small flowers and butterflys on the branches...

6 comments:

The Jaded Bee said...

My first thought was: 'No snowflakes if you have flowers.' And then I realized the colouring of the flowers and the snowflakes looked similar and thought that was a neat touch, especially if they are similar in size too.

Flowers closer to the bottom, snowflakes closer to the top, dragonflies mostly in the middle spreading to both bottom and top? Of course, I don't know the relative quantities that you have, and than can affect things greatly, of course.

s
sds
sdsds
ddddddd
fdfdfdfdf
ffdffdffdff

sort of thing.

A thought...

The Jaded Bee said...

lol I actually put spaces at those lines so it looked like a tree. Guess I'm not allowed to have spaces at the start of lines. :)

the author said...

thanks jen... that is very helpful - I don't really spend a lot of time decorating my christmas tree at home - it is the same tree every year - now to have to design an entire tree - phew... I just don't know how it will turn out... thanks again for your ideas :)

The Jaded Bee said...

Have you gotten the book back yet?

The other thing I'd suggest (forgot to include) is to remove your '.' after abbreviations like Rd. It's perfectly acceptable, and you won't get into punctuation troubles like at the end of sentences where if you have a '.' after Rd, you need two periods to end the sentence.

the author said...

I got the book - just starting to go through it- thank you so much for all your work reviewing it!

I'm trying to hand it off tomorrow to our designer and let him finish it this weekend - hooray.

The Jaded Bee said...

So? How did the tree turn out?