Thursday, November 22, 2007

the kitchen

Day 22... things are going alright - but we had a bit of a challenge in the project. The floor has been in for a couple of days now and the half of the cabinets are installed - my dad came over to help and while he was there Andy had him move in the stove and fridge. Unfortunately the fridge didn't go in as gently as was planned... my dad's side gouged out the floor .... the brand new floor - and now there is nothing that you can do - he hasn't even talked to me about it - or mom and they've definitely had the chance... a - hey sorry 'bout that - would have been nice... nothing - but I know that it's probably my fault... 'why did you install a floor that could be so easily wrecked', 'why did i even get a new floor', 'why did i buy this house'... it really could go on...

in 1995 i had a new (new to me) car and I'd parked in the turn around of our driveway - pretty common practice at the house so other people could come and go as they needed to - one day my mom and dad got in the truck and left and my dad back straight into my car - i cried and had a melt down, but i was the one in trouble - what the hell was i parking there for - and why was my mom blabbin' to my dad while he was trying to drive... 12 years later and I'm still whining about that one.. I'm sure I'll be whining about my floor for just as long...

So what happened with the floor - well the guy came in and said 'oh that happens..." NO SHIT! I'm glad they mentioned how easy it was to cause damage when we were buying the damn thing.. any how he re-sticks it down and then glues it - you can't really see the blip in the floor - but if you are right over you'd see it - I guess it's just one of those things....

What it puts into perspective for me is relationships? If that had been a floor guy, or really - anyone other than my dad the shit would have hit the fan, the wall and probably someone outside! But because it was my dad who I have all the respect in the world floor nothing was said - and it makes me wonder if I shouldn't be treating everyone that way. Not to jump on people for the slightest of things - maybe this is an opportunity to learn something... we'll see...

The whole situation did give me a pretty bad case of terets - 5...4...3..2..1.. launch the f-bomb, load the a-hole bomb... alright now the f-bomb times three plus a kiss my a@#... and it kept creeping up on me - I'd think I was done cursin' and it would be on me again.

No comments: