Tuesday, November 13, 2007

tear jerker

I'm casually flipping through channels - getting ready for bed - when I come across Fried Green Tomatoes. I loved this movie years ago - loved it - but I really haven't watched it in a long time - probably since university anyways - so nine or ten years... now if you haven't seen it I won't ruin it for you but it definitely has some sad parts to it. Man did I cry. Holy - the whole film means a different thing to me now. Now I've been through some loss, had kids, and aspects of the movie just make me cry - and not that little cry, that whole aching chest, sobbing cry... I wasn't loud about it - but gees...

Alright - I'm off to read 'Lizy's story' - I broke through page 500 last night - its 630+ pages long...

3 comments:

The Jaded Bee said...

Have you read the novel? It's almost a completely different story. I read it in university, and boy does it end differently.

the author said...

I haven't - but I will definitely check it out now... thanks for tip... do you know who wrote it... guess I'll get to that after 'potter'... I'm at 530... an amazing 30 page gain in one night - amazing!

The Jaded Bee said...

Yes I do. In fact I have it. Of course, I can't remember right now...Fannie Flagg. Good ol' google.

BTW, thank you for the balm. Haven't used it yet, but it looks like it's good. :)

G'night.