Saturday, November 24, 2007

neige

It snowed today - first since the last time I mentioned it - 4 inches today

I'm dog sitting "fozzy bear" (parents) pomerian... he pants so loud - I just want to lock him downstairs tonight but then he will bark his little head off - the kids love having him around and it really makes me want to get a little dog - but it is completely out of the question - I know we don't have time for another animal in our office. Two kids is more than enough thank you - god his breath is so bad - he is three feet from me on the floor and I can smell him... blah! I should offer him some scope!

I bought some gear to keep me warm last night and I wanted to share them because they are awesome...

First - socks - they are very warm and mine came with a cute little penguin at the top of them - $9.99 at Mark's Work Wearhouse and right now they are 50% for the second pair plus an additional 20% off both pairs during their sales event...



Ok - so then I bought these hot little numbers... toasterz



Inside these little packs are a stainless steel invention that creates some kind of chemical reaction causing the pack to harden and warm (I know we've all heard that before...) They can be used over and over again - you have to boil the pack and it resets the stainless steel thing and then you just click on the stainless steel thing when you need them and it starts all over - I had mine last night out in the cold and they definitely worked. I had them exposed to the cold, in my pockets and sitting on the table -I tossed one between my hands and ended up using both and putting them in my pockets so my hands had a warm place to go... with the interaction of exposure to cold and then in my pockets they conducted heat for at least 45 minutes, if not an hour - if I'd just kept them in my gloves I think they would have lasted longer. These little babies cost $10.99 at Mark's and I'd definitely recommend them for others to try out if you are going on any kind of outdoor excursions this winter.

Tomorrow I'm off to Nazko to check on the other dogs while my parents are in Vancouver - that's right my dad actually left the north - first time in more than 15 years (easily)... I still can't believe they went - they called me from their hotel room like two little kids - 'there's internet, and we are on the 7th floor and dad says he can see metro town..' plus additional details - down for a day - they come back tomorrow night - crazy - but their pooches need chow between now and then so I'm jetting out tomorrow - it also happens to be the Nazko Craft Fair so hopefully I'll have time to visit and see what crafts they've made out there this year.

No comments: