Friday, November 16, 2007

the tree

I arrive and, of course, initially have no helpers. I get going on "fluffing" the tree. This took about 15 minutes. Then I brought extra lights (the only person in the competition to do this...) - this took another 15 minutes.... I can't believe how long wiring and everything else takes - plus I was rushing...

I started loading in the extra boughs (purple, pink, blue) a helper areas - a local designer - she helps me load the rest of the tree - I don't know if I'd finished on time without her. I'm not in love with it - it is WAY to girlie girl for me. The second we started adding the dragonflies we started getting questions though. I must have answered the "where did you get that" question 15 times. Maybe more. My helper just laughed every time someone asked, because I answered like it was the first time someone had asked.

I think there will be a good battle over our tree at the auction in two weeks and that we will have done a good job for the hospital (fundraiser for new labour bed).



3 comments:

The Jaded Bee said...

It's a very pretty tree. The kidlins like it too!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

The tree looks great. I can't believe Christmas is coming so soon. I was in a store the day after Halloween and they already had Christmas music on. Pushing it a bit I think, even though I love Christmas.

I got the Deceptively Delicious book too. I am actually making my first few purees tonight and am going to try a couple of things tomorrow. Will let you know the verdict. Since Wyatt won't eat any vegetables, I am up for anything.

I remember you like making crafty stuff for Christmas? Anyway, I found instructions to make really cool necklaces in one of my scrapbooking magazines this month. I am going to scan the article or try to find it online and will send it to you. I am going to go and get the stuff I need at Michael's this week and try to make a couple.

I have been such a bad blogger - I really need to get back on the bandwagon.

Sarah

the author said...

hi sarah - i was wondering where you went... you were playing the popular game - blog, blog, blog, stop :) thanks for posting - and I look forward to the craft idea... definitely crafty :)