Saturday, June 02, 2007

burnt skin

I guess it is a theme week around here. I got a great burn on my back yesterday and then met my grandma and uncle phil at farmer's market this morning - the sun just killed the burn... I was wanting to go and hide after five minutes.

The highland games are today and it is supposed to get to 31 degrees... I feel sorry for them - I guess most will drink away the sun burns and heat stroke.


Sadly I have to go and clean up today... so I'm off to do that. I'm hoping to get some scrapbooking done this afternoon in my cool basement - it truly is the only escape right now - I just don't like to sit in it too long because then I can't bare to come upstairs.

Enjoy the weather though - I understand it is supposed to turn back into spring on Monday.

Flood update - the Fraser River is now at the 7 1/2 metre mark on our bridge. It is definitely on the rise and if goes up to 8 metres we will definitely see some flooding in Quesnel. We appear to be quite safe - Baker Creek isn't backing up yet and the creek level is quite low.

No comments: