Sunday, June 17, 2007

if hate were people, i'd be china

Ok -that is probably my favorite movie quote. I love city slickers. That isn't a statement directed at my inlaws - but all the stuff I've been through today definitely made me think of it.

Things did not get better today. In fact, I sit here now trying to figure out where to even begin or whether I should write anything at all because I'm so far behind in my work. So - yes I'm here with my in-laws alone. Andy is way to busy prepping for an exam tomorrow - and because he is entering the last week of actual class time his parents have decided to just go straight home now.

Due to the amount of time it will take me to write everything out about how shitty today really was - I'm just going to give you some points of reference.

- Michael is sick - runny nose, whining about everything - tonight he wouldn't sleep - I finally give up on laying with him in his room (10pm) and bring him to the living room. The tv is blaring and he actually turns it up louder... then must have finally notice that I'm in the room or that I've got Michael - and asks if he should turn it down... I just blurt out no. So the tv is blaring and then she starts with dishes - or just tidying in the kitchen - and maybe it wasn't that loud -but it was when you have a baby that is sick and wants to sleep but is willing to stay up just to look around because maybe sleep is overrated.

- I cooked all the meals during their visit. I hardly cook for the boys anymore. She is an excellent cook - I think I might even go better than that... but she cooked nothing. I cooked banana bread tonight and it was like dealing with three kids when it came out. I had to defend the bread and explain that it was hot and would taste better in an hour or two... I'm not kidding I thought I was going to need a stick to fight them off. When I came back from outside - someone had actually stuck there finger in it to take a chocolate chip out - WTF x 10!

- I watched him butt his cigarette out on my tree and then flick it into the center of the tree - I felt like banging on the window and shouting something obscene. I refrained and continued doing the dishes...

- I tried to mow the lawn without kids and within minutes they were out the door and I had to start and stop. This is an oh well kind of thing... I wouldn't have even mowed my lawn if they weren't here. I tried to start the - oh hell - the thing that cuts the weeds in funny places - oh yeah - weed wacker - and the damned thing would NOT start - I don't know what I'm doing wrong - I gave up and used the hand helds and now my biceps hurt.

Alright - so there is a little. I'm getting sick - my throat hurts - but not in the usual way... I don't know what I'm coming down with. And now I must do some work.

You know it is all shit when returning to work is a good thing... BLAH!

No comments: