Monday, June 18, 2007

the king

So Michael had the tantrums of all tantrums tonight. It is all around bed time... he can't go to sleep without me. I don't mind ten minutes, but 30 minutes or an hour and I'm done. Tonight I laid with him for a while and then said that it was time for sleep and let him try to sleep... I closed the door and then bring on the tantrum. He hasn't figured out that he can hit the door or do any other rough things... so what you hear is him crying and stomping his feet as loud as it is humanly possible to stomp ones feet. I'm not kidding - it sounded like a drum - it actually sounded like he was hitting the door but it was his feet.

Every other minute I would go in and put him back in bed and hope that he would give in a little.. not a chance - 45 minutes of stomping and moaning and crying... I caved. He is getting over a cold and he was so mad that his little body was shaking. He was madder than I've ever seen anyone. I know I have a temper but I don't think it is like that. It actually worries me a little - something I want to nip in the bud early on.

I wanted to have a glass of wine tonight - I opened a nice chile wine and man - it was terrible. This mad me a little mad (not stomp my feet mad) because I'd been saving it for a special occasion (no special occasion on the horizon - surviving tonight became a special occasion). Plus after the tantrum I kind of felt like I needed a drink... I am not condoning drinking and I had no intention of pissin' it up... ok - it crossed my mind.. but I know how unrealistic drinking and getting pissed really is... it just isn't part of my life any more...

So there is my bitchin' and moanin' for tonight. I'm behind in my work and I'm going to fall farther behind because I'm in PG all day tomorrow for a meeting... which I found out tonight isn't really what I wanted to attend in the first place - ARG... oh well - I will still try to hook up with Liz and Carmen for some coffee...

What's the upside - I don't weigh 760 lbs like this guy on tv.... I also have two beautiful, chatty babies and a sexy husband.

2 comments:

The Jaded Bee said...

Children do put themselves to sleep...eventually. Some nights are better than others. Tempers flare at all ages, and he's just not capable of expressing himself any other way yet. It's not something that needs to be nipped, it's just that as he grows older he needs to be taught other coping skills. Heck, I know Quentin can throw a ferocious tantrum if he's tired enough and thinks he's not being listened to, but if he knows that people are listening and care what his opinion is...he'll calm right down. He just had to reach an age where he could reason and realize we were listening.

And I appreciate that feeling of wanting to get pissed...but knowing there's no way it will happen. Heck, I can't imagine actually getting drunk anytime in the remotely near future regardless of the circumstances. Two little people just rely on me far too much to incapacitate myself.

And yes, you are the meanest mommy your children will ever have. Don't forget that. Of course, you're also the best, most caring and most wonderful mommy they'll ever have too. And, it's okay to be human while being that mommy too.

:)

the author said...

Thank you Jen :)