Friday, June 22, 2007

rash... hives...

So the problem is not getting better. I've caved and bought some allegra tonight - but I'm super nervous about it because my grandma is allergic to benadryl... allegra is a different drug type - so I'm hoping I don't get worse from taking this.

My arms are terrible - I look like a freak - most people don't notice though because it isn't on the top of my arms it is on the white underside... now I just have to figure it out.

Voodoo mom tested me this morning for allergies... so I said the only thing I could think of that I've had every day is soy milk. So she put soy in my hand (in a cup) and tries to push my hand down - because there was resistance it meant that I wasn't allergic - I guess science isn't much better... here are some drugs that might work - good luck.... call me crazy but I'm sticking with science for now... although I'm getting desperate for a solution because it is itchy and very ugly looking.

We found the ghostbusters movies shopping tonight so we bought that (cartoons) - Kyle's watching and episode now and Michael has already gone to bed... that's crazy! I can't believe it - I'm sure it is too good to be true. So now I'm - I knew it - too good to be true... oh well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you think it might be a food related allergy, I really suggest trying a Naturopath. (one with a doctor degree behind their name, not whatver this thing is your mom is doing - no disrepect intended...). If they do vega-testing, they can test you right away for allergies. I went pretty regularly to my Naturopath in BC. If Dr. Pontias is still in Quesnel, I think he is quite good. I vaguely remember that is who my mom's friend goes to. Our naturopath has been a lifesaver with a few issues that Tom and Wyatt have had, and myself to a lesser degree.