Friday, June 15, 2007

what to do

I have a contractor who I've become pretty fond of - not like that you bunch of asses - ok - so pretty fond is wrong... he is good person and I watch out for him... does that sound better... lord - anyway he came to my office today for work but before we got to what was available and what he was interested in he gave me an update on his life. He gets through some work stuff and then gets to his health. He tells me he's been diagnosed with Parkinson's. It hit me like a brick in the face. I didn't even know what to say. It has put a lump in my stomach all day. So I'm looking for advise. What do you say in a situation like? We carried on and talked about work and how much he might be able to take on with his health changing and I just wanted to cry. I don't really know him that well but the thought of everything that he must be going through plus I'm thinking about my family and what I would do I just wanted to have a mental breakdown all day. When I told my boss I thought I was going to start crying my eyes out - I held it together, but the super glue is wearing thin.

So what do you say/do? Maybe there isn't a right answer to all of this.

I'm tired and need sleep - in laws are here for the weekend - arrived tonight and I need my sleep so I'm not an ass to them. They don't deserve my bitchy side... she crept out today for a moment but I stuffed her back in the closet and said I would feed her some chocolate if she only behaved... :)

No comments: