Sunday, June 17, 2007

just call me dick

I laid down the iron fist this morning. Kyle was being terrible - not listening in the least and then it was time for a walk - let's go Kyle - so I said no. He didn't deserve to get a treat after this morning. They've left for the walk now - and I heard them spazzing out that I'd been China and said no to a two to one decision.

ARG! I'm done! I have been the best daughter in law on the planet for the past two days - now they are outside blabbing about how evil I am and how can't I let Kyle go with them.. and now they have Michael only - so what are they supposed to do.

I could really go on and on, but I will control myself with that much information provided. Lots of times I think they are mad and they couldn't care one way or the other - but I care! I care a lot if Kyle is being a holy terror and they say oh kyle don't do that here's some ice cream.

Back to laundry - so much for getting any work done today!

2 comments:

the author said...

so them leaving didn't last - they took ten steps out the door and then one comes back in to pester kyle about coming... i told him he needed to clean his room in order for him to go - and then all i heard for 30 minutes was - help me - no i'm not gonna help, you pick stuff up - over and over and over and over and over and over and over... AAAAHHHHH! Then I hear the other one outside shouting about something - he was "watching" michael and managed to get a shovel and start digging in a hole that i specifically said not to bother with and hurt his back...

Then he's in here whining about it and I'm back at square one again. Then I made lunch even though I just wanted to sit on the deck and close my eyes. Now they have gone to the park... and I'm taking two minutes to sit here and then carry on with the rest of the stuff that I've fallen behind on since they arrived.... ARG! More to come I'm sure...

Anonymous said...

Oh, I feel your pain..... I am so lucky my in-laws live two houses away because if they had to come visit me and stay in my house for any amount of time one of us would be dead! They drive me up the wall. They aren't too bad being this close by because surpringly I can go days without seeing them and even when I do it is for very short periods of time on neutral ground. My mother in law has been here as long as we have and has not once invited herself over, popped by, or asked to see her Grandson. She only sees him when I make the point to take him to her house. My father in law is still back in BC till July sometime. And I found out that the couple of times that she watched Wyatt she was constantly swacking him for "being bad" (which he isn't - he's a 19 month old boy!!!!!) and attacking his cousin who was over. I am sure you and I could go head to head on crazy in-law stories. Is Andy home this weekend, or are you having to suffer through this alone. If you are, you are a better woman than me. There is no way I could take my inlaws on their own without Tom to help keep the crazies at bay.

btw, that was Dawn Dale on Facebook. She and I went to elementary school together and I remember her from then, but not really from high school. Need to find my yearbooks sometime.