Sunday, June 24, 2007

the weekend

Tonight was good. I feel like I almost got ahead. I'm behind on some work stuff but my house is in order and it is totally thanks to my parents spending some time here today. I decided that today was the day to get my brick stairs installed. So me and the kids went and picked things up and got to it. It was going fine - and then my parents showed up and completely took over. I was a little miffed but if they hadn't helped out I may have been out there all day. In one hour we completed the following:







All of this happened because I cashed in some of my royal bank visa points and got a $100 at Rona... I still have $30 to spend at Rona as I didn't need as much brick as I'd thought.

So what else? Well I finally got out and hiked.



I went alone - this was taken by a sturdy rock and my automatic settings. I went up 500 ft on this hike to the top of an open quarry. It was awesome! It was a little intimidating and to be honest it sounded like a grouse was chasing me up the mountain... but it was my heart thumping in my ear... LORD! In shape... well I think most people would have had a hard time on this hike. I completed the 500 ft up in under 40 minutes and returned in about 20. It was so steep in one spot that I had to side step up. It was worth every minute. I did another 1 km hike on another trail about 30 minutes later and now I want to get out again. Won't be for a while - unless I can get out with Andy when we see him in FOUR DAYS - HOO-FRICKin-RAY!!!!!!

This is it for him this week of classroom study - so everyone think happy thoughts and send them to Kelowna for us!

No comments: