Wednesday, January 11, 2012

busy, busy

And so the count down rolls into under 30 days and I can't even believe it.  I'm still trying to figure out what to pack and yes... I know there was an earthquake in Indonesia - it was in a different part of the islands there and yes, I realize that I'm going to a part of the world where this could happen again.. but that's ok.. if we decide to live life that way we would never go anywhere... and I'm not living in a box...

I'm working on a scarf tonight and just hanging out.  I made soup last night that was pretty spicy, so I added a few more ingredients tonight and while it is still spicy it was good - more seafood and some mushrooms.

Recipe:
1800 ml (two no sodium added chicken stock) chicken stock
2 small red chillies, sliced (I, not knowing my chiles, used these small red peppers - apparently not red chillies)
1 shallot, minced
1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
2 tbsp fish sauce
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 lb shrimp, cleaned, tailed
2 cups baby spinach
1 scallion, thinly sliced (green onion)

Simmer stock with chillies, ginger and fish sauce, 10 minutes.
Whisk in peanut butter.
Add shrimp and cook shrimp, about 1 minute.
Remove from heat.
To serve, fill bowls with baby spinach. Ladle soup over and garnish with scallion.

I didn't have the spinach so I served it without.
Tonight I added a few scallops, and some mushrooms.
Still spicy tonight, but yummy - keeping the colds away :)

And now back to crocheting and probably a movie...

xo my loves - i hope you are well



1 comment:

The Jaded Bee said...

Indonesia? Which part? I'm so out of the loop on what is going on in your world. But that's okay. Lives are lives. But, I'm always here, and you seem to always be there. And I'm still happy the interweb was made so I know you.

But yes, Indonesia? Why there? How long? I know the food I had there was amazing, I hope you enjoy it! Any nature time?