Thursday, January 18, 2007

diet program

Four miserable days ago I noticed that my speech was going in the crapper and that my tongue hurt. The next day it was to the point that talking (especially saying things quickly or loudly) and eating hurt. I made an appointment to see my doctor and felt like a complete whiner going in for something like this. My speech has been terrible - letters are blurring together - I sound like there something wrong - something even more wrong with me than usual... :) Eating is super painful! Every bite hurts - and all the snacky foods make it throb... so I've been forced to give up most foods and really I don't want to eat because the pain is terrible.

I had an appointment at 1:30 but my doctor got called to a huge motor vehicle accident outside Quesnel - 4 ambulances (at least) were used to bring people in. At 3:30 I called back to make another appointment and they told me to try and come in. I got there and he saw me right away. After his day (one c-section, all the MVA and a bunch of other stuff - not to much that he is one of two doctors working) he must have had a laugh at my mouth... I even told him that I was sorry for being such a weiner about this... he is all - no problem - April it is just a canker sore... it will go away... Frankly it can't go away soon enough! Just swallowing hurts.

Thank you for letting me whine on here... and yes I did have my cheese before I started.

What else - well it snowed a lot today - probably 6 inches throughout the whole day. Kyle is getting big and I can't believe that in eight months I'll have a kindergartener... lord - he is so kind hearted (and crazy... definitely crazy) - now that I'm back to work he is always telling me how much he misses me and then tells me things about his day. He made a girl friend at school - she is very sweet. He was telling me that she wanted to play games with him and that he wanted to play with her more than the big boys. That's a big deal because all he does is play with the big boys - these are simply the boys that are taller...

Michael is getting into walking. He is still crawling but he is getting to the 30% walking and 70% crawling - maybe even more walking... it is exciting to see him getting it.

Anyone else have problems feeding their kids vegetables. Any tips? I saw a thing on tv that said we should have two types of veg on his plate every day and that eventually he will simply start to eat them... I've tried hiding it - Kyle can sense green foods - it is the strangest thing. Meantime Michael would happily eat only veg and skip all the junk.

1 comment:

The Jaded Bee said...

Well, no, sorry. My children love their vegetables, although Quentin isn't that big on potatoes. We have trouble getting Jade to eat anything other than veggies most nights. (How many children put down a cookie to steal brocolli off their parents' plates? Two that I know of.) Have you seen the commercial where the wife orders the husband to eat his steak? It's similar in our house. We've even felt silly saying "if you eat 3 more fries, you can have some more tomatoes."

Do you or Andy have any issues with your vegetables? I know sometimes kids sense when parents have issues and decide they do too.

Now, there have been a couple of times that Quentin will say "Tofu? I don't like tofu." (Or substitute crust, eggplant, or various other things for tofu in that statement.) To which I reply "no, you like tofu, it's Joshua who doesn't like tofu." Joshua being the older boy at daycare. It takes a moment for it to register, then he goes back to eating without another word about it.

We feel quite lucky with our children's eating habits. I think with so many things he can't eat, Quentin just appreciates what he can that little bit more. As for Jade...I hope she continues in the same pattern.

? What's going on? Why didn't it post? I don't want to post twice...