Thursday, January 11, 2007

miracle phone

As I mentioned a few posts ago I fell behind my office. It turns out that when I bailed I also lost my cell phone. I didn't realize it until last night that it was missing. I was getting out of the car yesterday and heard it beep and assumed that it was sitting in my car... not under my car.

Last night I really started to look for it and realized that I hadn't used it in a few days and then it dawned on me that it must be out in the cold. So at 10pm last night I drove down to my office and started the search.

I'm standing in the back parking area with Andy's cell calling my cell and I faintly here... "It's time to put on makeup, it's time to dress up right, it's time to raise the current on the muppet show tonight." The dig begins. We've had a foot of snow fall since I fell... I dig and dig. The sound gets loud and then fades. Fading... fading - gone. I call again and I can't hear. I take a step and figure I must be standing on it. I start the dig again and it gets a little louder. It is beeping and the battery is dying... must find it... SOON - not to much that it is -20 and I'm freezing! I continue the dig and there it is - stuck in the ice - obviously driven over and pushed down as far as it would go. I start to pick away at with my gloves on and have no luck. I take off the gloves and give it a go with my fingers.. BRRRR - not advised to try. (I get home and Andy says 'why didn't you just grab the snow brush out of the car...' ) After a minute or so of picking and pleading it comes free.

I put it on the heater in the car and let it defrost. Last night when I started to charge it I thought it was really broken because it just didn't want to work - but this morning it had a full charge and was ready to go. AMAZING! So there you go - those little telus phones can take a lickin' and keep on tickin'.

No comments: