Sunday, January 07, 2007

hi ho

It's back to work I go tomorrow.

Today in a preemptive strike against my work I thought I would get Andy to help me move a few things around my office. I have two new staff starting in a week and I have a tonne of work to do before they show up.

We pull up to the backdoor and I get out. I take one step to open Michael's door and hit the ground HARD! On my tailbone - well more on my left hip - but closer to the middle. I shouted and I'm pretty sure I got a little bit of a concussion. I rolled off my back right away because I didn't want to rest on it any longer and moaned in the snow. There was two inches of snow and three inches of ice. I had a headache pretty much right away and felt nauseau. We went home because I just wanted to lie down. I called our landlords when I got home and asked what the protocol was on responsibility. I then took some advil.

I'm sore tonight but I know I didn't break anything - just bruised and some kind of head/neck thing. My headache is trying to chew its way back... here is to another soak in the tub and some advil. Should I see a chiropractor? Andy suggested it moments after I hit the ground... I haven't been to one in years and I'm always nervous about them.

3 comments:

The Jaded Bee said...

You might want to see a chiropractor, or at least your doctor. Strongly recommend the doctor, especially since there's the possibility of insurance stuffs.

Sorry haven't been commenting. Dealing with the flood after dealing with cleaning the house after dealing with the bathroom is just a little exhausting. Sorry we didn't get to see you when you were down. One day? It'd be nice to meet Michael. :)

Take care. Feel better.

Carmen said...

Definitly see the chiropractor - try not to worry about the sounds that come out of your body when you see one - just be relaxed and all will be well.

Hope everything else is going fine - I can't believe that Michael is one already!

Take Care!

the author said...

Thanks for the advise - I think I will try and make an appointment tomorrow - my back was not very good today - sitting in my office chair for a large part of the day. The landlord did clean the back so that was nice... and I got a 'sorry bout that' for the incident... NICE! Oh well I guess I will continue to suck it up :)