Saturday, January 06, 2007

so smart

"Hey Bill, I was thinking about our new line of margarine that can compete with the big companies."
"Really Fred, what were you thinking?"
"Well I was out shopping last night and I started thinking about the people that buy margarine. Everyone does it, even celebrities... right Bill."
"Ok Fred, so what were you thinking?"
"Bill, what do you think of the new no name margarine being called Celeb?"
pause
"Fred, I love it."

The night before...
"Sharla, I've got a big day tomorrow at the no name office, I hope you are making something good - something inspiring. I've been putting off the naming of our new margarine for weeks and I really need to think of something."
No answer from the kitchen.
"Sharla, are you listening to me?"
No answer. Fred begins to day dream. He looks at the beautiful no name plates on his table and a lovely vase full of bright flowers that he'd brought home for his beautiful wife. The table has been set with no name salad dressing and no name cottage cheese and... hold the phone, what is this - some Becel margarine has made its way onto his table... what is this?... what is this...
"Sorry dear, did you say something?" Sharla comes through the kitchen door into the dining room and finds Fred beaming.
"Sharla I've got it. I've got it." He kisses her on the face and continues to beam.
_________________________

So the above I made up - I just thought it made for an entertaining way of sharing my grocery shopping moment tonight. I was looking for Becel and there underneath the Becel was the no name Celeb. Those darned creative no name people, how do they come up with these things?

Hope everyone is having a great day! I'm heading to the tub for a nice soak.

2 comments:

Carmen said...

That is freaking hilarious - did you get the celeb - is it as good as the becel?? I am still laughing...

the author said...

I didn't partake in the margarine. I decided to by neither - more because I was laughing so hard in the dairy aisle.

I will try it though and see how it compares :)