Saturday, January 27, 2007

wireless

Thank you Aman at Telus. I had given up all hope of getting my wireless internet working. We bought a wireless router yesterday and tired to set it up more than 5 times and it kept calfing out when I got to the connect to the internet stage... ARG! I gave up... but I couldn't really give up and tried again tonight - 4 more times and then I thought - it can't be me - I'm doing everything this damn thing says to do - I'm not doing anything extra... so I finally give up using the CD for installation and try it my way - I plug it all back in like it has been part of my network all along and - BLAM - it works - well it starts to work. Then I keep getting a telus page - over and over and over and over and over.. you get the idea. I finally cave and call telus for help. I can tell that I was a simple call for Aman - but she did have to think a little bit to help me - turns out my MAC (this is the piece of information that lets telus know that you are loading something new up to transfer data - be it a new computer or a new router) wasn't installed - at all - the software that came with the router was bogus and did NOTHING! Aman, the telus angel, walked me through the final steps of this process and go sing it on the mountain - I've got wireless... so I come to you live from living room - why wireless... I know - right now I could be just as easily downstairs typing - it is more for andy during the day when there is no chance of being near a connection and it gives him another point of entertainment for himself and for Kyle who quite likes Elmos world.

Well - seeing as it is Saturday night and I have the night to myself now I think I will have a good dose of indigestion - as I typically get it when I have time to myself - freakin' fabulous! Night night - I'm off to get my tums and then browse around some sites...

No comments: