Tuesday, January 09, 2007

scrap pages

As I promised in December - here are a couple of the pages that I did for my mom and mom-in-law. If anyone has suggestions on capturing better pictures from scrap pages I would love to hear them. I know I should have turned the flash off, but it was 2am Christmas morning when I took these photos and I just wanted to have reference copies for the time I get to put my book together.


These are just some photos we took before Christmas. The centre pic is Kyle's first skate... he had a great time.


I did two pages side by side on Michaels faces. I tried to have a photo from every month. The other page mirrored the picture layout. I wrote some words that described the pictures along the top and bottom of the pages.


Here is Kyle's first amusement rides. It was a crazy day and I will admit that I didn't want him to go on anything. I'm not very fond of rides and I'm nervous about the Billy Barker Days ride quality. I'm sure the machines are fine, but they appear to be the same machines that have come as long as I've gone to the festival... regardless, he had an excellent time and I was glad he enjoyed it. (I have to say that... right... :) )

I took about 40 photos of Michael eating one day and used them to line the top and bottom of this page. Each one is slightly different. The middle photos were my favorites. He definitely loves to eat! The monkey picture came from a book that I cut up. I've done this a bit with pages - cutting up books, calendars, etc to go with a page. I buy a religious day planner every year just for the pictures and then cut out all the pages to use in projects throughout the year.

No comments: