Sunday, January 24, 2010

groceries, blood and rock & roll

Ah, things that can happen in 30 seconds...

Everyone is in the car, buckled up and I go to return the cart after grocery shopping...
I get back to the car and slide in - literally because my hip is killing me... and I hear Kyle melting down. I look at him and he is covered in blood. His hand is to his face and his hand is cupped and full of blood. There is blood all over his face, hands, jacket -it is terrible. Now all I did was take 20 steps to return the cart, turn around, and come back 20 steps. Now my first thought is that he is having another bleeding nose because he had one yesterday at swimming. Sadly the guilt is dripping off Michael.

What happened?

"Mom, Michael took my pokemon book from me and then he punched me in the face."
First thought - no way did Michael punch you in the face - no way - he doesn't have that much power in his wrist to do that kind of damage.

Luckily I happen to have kleenex today - so we start to mop up - he is still bleeding a lot so I give him the tissue and get going home.

15 minutes later...

Kyle is washed up, cleaned, nose bulging.
"What happened?"
"Mom, I told you. Michael took my book away and then he punched me in the face."
"Ok, I'm going to ask Michael what happened and see if he tells me the same thing."

Facial drop noted...

"Okay (drawn out). Michael had the pokemon book and I stoled it from him and then he punch me in the face."

Ah.....

Enter the - why do you need to lie to me speech....

Then.... it is time to talk to Michael

"Michael, what happened?"
"Mom, I was looking at the pokemon book and Kyle grabbed it from me. So I punched him in the nose."
(Followed by him showing me how he punched him.)

I actually can't believe that a punch from Michael caused so much blood to pour out of Kyle. I mean it was ALOT of blood. I'm a bleeder - always have been - so I've seen piles of it from all the nose bleeds I've had in 33 years.... but this - in such a short period of time was shocking.

So good times... what will the afternoon bring... maybe I should just go back to bed...

No comments: