Monday, January 11, 2010

how to prepare cucumber for sushi


First, you need a cucumber - shockingly. Peel the cucumber skin off.


Then you pretend like the cucumber has layers and you peel it - slowly widdling your way down to the seed part.


So then you end up with "peeled" pieces - I've ended up with both long strips and short ones (short ones are where I was impatience is didn't take enough time to "peel" the cucumber.


Then you slice the peeled cucumber pieces into little strips. Little strips are inserted into your sushi.

Now, wait a sec there April.... yes...
What do you do with the seed part - that middle core...

That my friends, you eat... while you hum yourself a little Henry the Eighth I am

Now if you say "ew" - eat the seed part - ggggrrroooosssss....
First I have to ask - why are you making cucumber strips for your sushi if you don't like cucumber
and second... you caaaannn just throw it out to.... but I insist on the humming... while you throw it away

No comments: