Saturday, January 02, 2010

what would this place be without photos...

So back a few years ago (about eight) I taught a sushi course. I haven't made piles of sushi and I totally am not an expert but I can make sushi and I like to because you can make so many different kinds - and it is way more affordable. In an effort to get Kyle interested in sushi I invited him to pick what went into all of the rolls. Then I also had him help out with making tempura squid... so he totally helped pick up the squid - it was wicked!



Here is Kyle holding up a squid...



Here is all the sushi we made. We made bbq salmon with shrimp, bbq salmon with cream cheese and shrimp, avocado and shrimp and crab and lobster, and then a bunch of the other combinations of those ingredients. What is funny is that he made me make the rolls without seaweed which aren't that easy to make and then he didn't want them - actually liked the seaweed... ha...

2 comments:

M said...

YUM! It all looks so good, will you come here and teach me? I want to make sushi, yummy!

Love you.

the author said...

We will gladly make you sushi the next time we see you - Kyle would be pleased to do it!