Saturday, January 09, 2010

today - wow....

I will start with the absolute fact that I had a great morning.


I went skiing for the first time this season and probably didn't pick the best first day out. The weather warmed up considerably today and it was slick... plus I haven't skied on a groomed course in years and I pretty much (I did) forget how to go down hill. I actually did the sideways shuffle down a few hills because I was terrified of falling. I fell a tonne of times, but about half way through I bit it and landed on the edge of my ski and did this...



And here is how it looks tonight...


I knew it was bad because as soon as I stood up it was stinging... but I carried on... trying to continue to feel great because I really was enjoying my time. I had to concentrate on being out there skiing and nothing could plague me. I couldn't think about work or anything else and that was a great feeling.

Tomorrow there is a free ski and pancake breakfast at Hallis Lake, so I'm thinking of taking the guys out to it. They can try out some skis and see what it is like. That assumes that I'm able to walk tomorrow... ha.

No comments: