Wednesday, April 07, 2010

a bacterial cold

So Michael is getting over the cold he has... we took him to the doctor today and they said if he looks good for a few days then let's let him just get better on his own, if it returns we'll get some antibiotics... and of course, now Kyle is sick. His cough is louder and he is a bit miserable, but he isn't that bad. This seems like a fairly minor cold compared to some of the stuff they've brought home.

And now for some news about my smart seven year old. He has created a club. Initially I didn't really get what he was talking about, but I made him explain it all and now he is pretty serious about it. He has decided that the school yard is too messy and that some kids are littering an awful lot. During class they have time for everyone to share ideas and he suggested that there be a club of kids that do clean up and that they will write down all the acts of littering and also clean up. Now there are lots of clean up crews and litter crews at school, but this was his own little idea for cleaning up. What I think is really amusing is that he put out the call in class for people to join his little clean team and it was all the girls that agreed to help out. So now he has a posse of girls that he gets to hang out with on clean up days. Helping the environment and meeting the ladies... I know I know, he TOTALLY isn't there yet... he gets upset when there is any kind of kissing in movies... but I don't think we are that far away from it... then he'll be growing a moustache and I'll be laughing at it, and he'll be asking to borrow the car and I'll say sure you can if you paint the house and then he'll be telling me about how he proposed to this beautiful girl and I'll say well that is nice, but I met you first so make sure you know the order around here.

And I'll leave it there tonight - good night my friends, and family! Love to you!

1 comment:

The Jaded Bee said...

Awesome, on so many levels.