Tuesday, April 13, 2010

hawaii

Paula is getting married tomorrow in Hawaii and I arrived here this afternoon. I had a six hour flight today and since I couldn't blog on the plane I wrote all the highlights and the tour down.. and now I'll share with you my day. If you don't want to read the whole thing I will just open with one amazing thing - when we got to the beach we took 20 steps on to it and I saw a hump back whale jump out of the ocean and splash back in - that moment made the flight worth the ride :)

And now - the things I wanted to say as I was flying from Vancouver...

- drugs for kids on flights - okay - 15 minutes of screaming, kicking, clawing - is not fun for anyone
- ah.... see the tic tacs as a reward should have come out much sooner - instant silence - amen!
- flight attendant could be ricki martin's brother or twin

7:15am (10:25am BC time) at this point I rolled back my watch - nausea - right - didn't eat... must eat... mmm lemon fitness bar
7:30am - much better - hooray
7:32am - I am on a plane to hawaii - 533 mph, 35204 ft
7:39am - amazing circular rainbows on cloud tops
8:07am - anxiety snuck in for a few minutes - reading to get past issue, may take stress gum if creeps back - stupid anxiety
8:27am - ate rest of fitness bar - feeling better - plus orange juice - $6.00 for a sandwich - didn't buy - I'll survive - brought a few snacks for flight - might do a pay per view movie - not sure $5.99 for a movie... feet are cold - not wearing socks though - this isn't a complaint - rather be cold than hot
8:40am - 492 mph - 36369 ft - 2 hours into flight
8:50am - quietly dozing when they turn on the heat - blah - feet still cool - phew
Ad on Westjet screen - tell your stress to take a siesta - yes!
mmmm... blueberry brown sugar cookies - note to self - fiji water is over rated

Cute couple next to me is playing scrabble - how awesome is that... I will continue to read my magazine and smile... hawaii is closer by the minute...
9:00am - jaderal - first letter group - yes I'm being nosy but I'm mildly bored and would rather be gabbing than reading - options - jade, lard, deal, read, jar, real, lear, ear
radaes - round 2 - fade, fades, rad, rads, sad, far, sea, dear, dears, ear, fear, fears, safe, fare, fares, - great now he's rubbing her back - love birds
9:06am - eshyaov - vase, shave, have, hay, say, hoe, hoes, yeah, has, hose, ash, yes, shy, ovey :)
- can't believe I'm on a flight to hawaii - I've been daydreaming about what it will look like.. 9:09
Alright - I'm playing scrabble too quickly - need something else to do - more reading..
9:16am - finished only reading material - now love birds are hugging - 3.5 hours till hawaii
baldes (plus free letter) - yes, I'm back to scrabble - bald, saddle, blame, lame, same, age, ages, sage, bless, drab, sale, ale, ales
hmmm.... maybe I should watch a movie ... ok so seriously she hasn't played scrabble before - now there is lame crap on PPV - worse than scrabble - sheesh.. mmm something smells good
9:26am - and she still on the same letters - 10 min - WHAT? - aunti jenni would kill me if i took this long to play a word
9:30am ... still no word...
9:32am - AMAZING - she played
9:37am - can't sleep - too excited - and now they have given up on scrabble - lol - didn't even finish
9:39am - half way there - 461 mph, 38156 ft
- wow - someone just chucked on some perfume - nice... confined space and now we have to smell you - at least a fart would dissipate - this smell is sticking around - blah!
9:45am - I was totally wrong about perfume - it is the love birds - she is massaging his hand with smelly cream - seriously - just go join the mile high club with your smelly cream and be gone... please!
10:05am - slept for 20 min - hooray - couple now has blaket covering up pants - wicked!
10:30am - PPV it is - wanted to watch 'up in the air' - am stuck with sherlock holmes - lol - glad I just watched it - ha
10:36am - still watching holmes - thinking about my feet in the sand... 2 hours 15 minutes...

-wow - more blueberry brown sugar cookies - not better the 2nd time - had water to stay hydrated
11:08 - jaw bugging me plus headache - great.. 1 hour and 40 min left
11:17am I'm still on my way to hawaii - a smile crossed my lips - I can't believe it - hooray for hawaii - 1 hr 30 min -
Ocean and beautiful clouds in all shapes and sizes and puffiness - ah... and some turbulence - great! no seatbelt sign so all is good
11:33am - looking out the window is like looking at an illusion - the ocean mirrors the color of the sky and the few wave tops could be white stasr in the heavens - as if peering through a looking glass - alice might say
1 hr 10 min - an hour and ten whole minutes - and now the lovebirds are doodling together about their vacation - all together now... aaahhhhh...

one hour - it is 11:50am - hooray

50 minutes - 5-0 like hawaii 5-0 and I took a pee break and feel like I'll survive the remainder of this flight
12:22 - yep - closer - the screamer from the start of the flight is looking at me - must be 2 or so.. and she is wearing pink nail polish - sadly she chews her nails and is obviously eating the polish - people save the nail polish for their older years - please!

Landing time - 12:53 - 4 minutes early - multiple children crying... so glad I just took two tylenol - it is 12:27

Nail biter is playing with shared window now it is a game - sheesh - and another is sounding like a trapped seagull while he cries - awesome - 24 minutes - twenty four

12:40 - I just got welcomed to maui - screamer - still screaming .... tylenol starting to work.. mmmm and now it stinks like barf - wicked - nasty - sheesh

12:44 - I see land - I see land - I see it - I see it - I'm really here - we are close - I could swim from here - ok - maybe not... still smells like barf - and we also get to hear the wretching - this is the best flight ever

12:55 - on the ground - hooray! - palm trees... palm trees everywhere...

And about 15 minutes after this I was greeted by Paula and she gave me first Hawaiian lay :)
And now I'm going to load my camera up and share a couple of photos... didn't take much today... well not hundreds.. :)

No comments: