Sunday, April 18, 2010

halifax

So I don't have a dramatic story to share with you today - no time line of events.. it has been a long long day! I woke up in the beautiful hotel room, packed up quickly and made it through check in and security in under 15 minutes. I met another ec dev officer and then we boarded the flight to Toronto - flight was good, but the landing - well it was a little worrying.. but I'm getting used to this whole flying thing and seriously - I zipped across a canyon on a rope - why am I worrying about flying...

Got off in Toronto - grabbed my second coffee and then got back on the plane - then we found out that there was a delay - so add an hour and then add two more for the flight. Then - because someone is playing a joke on me - I come from 75-80 degree weather to minus temps and snow... awesome - there are inches of snow here and it is cold - and I have my great Hawaii clothes and no sweaters... great...

So I had two cups of coffee and a granola bar today, so once we arrived we found a pub, grabbed some food and now I'm back in the hotel room and figuring out how to get some sleep - it is 2am here and my class starts at 8. Yep, tomorrow is going to be fantastic! I'm going to unload some stuff, and then try to get some sleep.

Halifax first impressions - cold, sad that there is snow, saw a rat within 15 minutes of walking to pub, pub was nice and the people here are loud and fun, hotel room is nothing like last nights but I knew it couldn't be that good.... although - it was actually cheaper in Vancouver at that beautiful place than here...

Ok - I'm going to clean up and get some shut eye - photos tomorrow night of Halifax :)

No comments: