Sunday, April 18, 2010

in Vancouver

I made it back to Vancouver. Arrived at 10:45 ish - made it through customs quickly - and made my way to the hotel. Coming to this hotel was a great decision. The hotel room is the best I've stayed in and is beautiful. I'm bagged, but also adjusting to the time change - since I just lost three hours. So what happened on the flight... well I thought I'd share another story of my flight - so I took notes :) This starts this morning while I was still in Hawaii.

So we knew this week that there was a film crew on Maui and I guess I'd been keeping my eye out for the cast... a little...
Paula and I went out this morning for a quick jaunt that turned into a paparazzi job :) We were driving along the ocean and I see a green shirt and then I take a closer look and I blink... no... can't be...

I say to Paula - "um, I think we just passed Adam Sandler"
Nah... can't be... but Paula being a true celebrity hunter pulls into the middle lane and pretends to turn. We sit and wait since no one is coming - and then he passes us and I say "I think that really is him." But we really can't tell for sure - but there are two cars in procession - one in front of his - they are the same vehicle and we start to think - maybe this is security... Paula knows the road better than me - for sure - and says - 'ok, let's follow him to where there are two lanes - if he stays in the right lane we can pass him and see... so we get there... giddy... is it him... and then we pass and it totally is - we pass and see security - security can see it is a bunch of goofy morons and so they just smile at us - and then we sit and wait at the turn... so here are the photos of Mr. Adam Sandler.




Alright - so that was pretty cool and it gave us a story for a while :)
But what else happened...

1:15pm (Hawaii time) - getting ready for flight back to Canada, can't believe we say freakin' Adam Sandler
4:40pm (BC time) - on plane - rescue gum, check, sitting with another cute couple - with any luck they will control themselves till we get to vancouver
4:46pm - Kahului Airport - looking at sign - flight attendant just asked if any of us wanted to stay... 5 hours and 17 minutes to get home today... and we are leaving early...
4:50pm - tired - wondering if I can sleep or rather, if I should sleep - crazy schedule ahead - hopeful hotel tonight is amazing and I can get a good nights sleep - though to sleep without crashing waves in background - it will be sad... oh... crying child alert - please hand out the drugs - please...
4:55pm - moving - hooray
5:16pm - in the air, 16,000 ft - got some good photos of haleakala, 435 mph
5:18pm - "ain't no rest for the wicked, till we close our eyes for good"
5:21pm - fill out declaration card - yawn, tired, coffee isn't helping - it was lame starbucks - missing cafe des ames in pa'ai - mmm soy latte - soooo gooooood!
5:26pm - thought bug climbed down my top.. turns out it was my ear bud for my shuffle... yep - I'm that tired... at least I didn't shout
5:37pm - sleepy - trying to read - was going to watch another movie but nothing I wanna see is on. New love birds are sharing a sandwich... great... maybe I could sleep for a little while.. wait those great cookies are probably coming soon - ha ... mmmm - popcorn would be good right now
5:45pm - I love the string piece in 'as time goes by' - one of my favorites
5:47pm - gum is now stale - need tissue to toss - no sign of less than fantastic cookies - can't believe I saw Adam Sandler this morning - still laughing about that
5:49 pm - completed photo assignment - must remember to mail to magazine
5:53pm - couple update - male subject is going through bag of mixed nuts and picking out his favorite and leaving the rest behind - turns out they just got married...
5:55pm - I see the crappy cookie cart - woohoo!
6:01pm - still waiting for crappy cookie - couple is watching twilight
6:06pm - ok - so the twilight guy just peeled off his shirt - holy moly - yes, I'm being nosy... again
6:10pm - ah.... juice and crappy cookies - hooray
6:15pm - much better after snack - much, much better - 36636 ft, 527 mph, 4 hours and 10 minutes till vancouver
6:58pm - alright - I'm caving - I'm going to try and sleep, 52 pages of book read... need nap...
7:25pm - yeah for me, I slept, and now my jaw is locked, for five cents, and I'm cold. brrrr - ice on windows, 38,000 ft 525 mph
7:30pm - queen of style that I am - I just tossed my water bottle between the seats like a moron - nice person behind me gave my bottle back which gave me the chance to consume tylenol to aid jaw and ear - thank goodness I packed some in my bag
7:34pm - couple is cuddling and watching burned tv shows - smart - I could get my laptop out, but if I do that it will lead to work - trying to avoid till vancouver - ok - so I answered emailed while I was away - but I didn't actually pack my phone with me - well most of the time - I know - it is shocking
7:52pm - turbulence - I see burnt people - many, many burnt people - I was so good - lathered up on my sunscreen - only burned one spot that I guess I didn't get... but it is all better now...
8:07pm - starting to notice sky change - ear still hurts, a lot, didn't know I needed to keep receipts for stuff I bought - great - didn't buy much so I should be good
8:13pm - didn't mention that I was the lucky winner of being screened more thoroughly - the guy was nice about it though - he also gave me $10 after - is that normal? (lol)
8:17pm - pilot is in our part of the plane - when did they start getting breaks - who's flying us through the turbulence - great 38,000 ft and he's having coffee
2 hours and 10 mins left - that was good turbuance - yeeha - and pilot is still gabbing
8:20pm - zip trek guide had going to Calgary stampede on his bucket list - he was pretty excited that our group knew country music - well my friends did - me - well I know some, but not lots
8:25pm - more crappy cookies - orange juice - awesome - 578 mph, 37000 ft
8:36pm - pretty sure my left hearing is gone - I can hear the roar of the plane but everything else is dull and not really making sense - very garbled
8:42pm - definitely not hearing correctly in left ear - pilot just came on and I had to take out right headset to hear - just got the canucks score - love that.. 2-2 tie
8:44pm suns going down - intense cloud cover nearly the entire flight - 577 mph, 37195 ft... ah, princess bride music that's nice with the sunset
9:15pm - I see a star, time to make a wish
9:26pm - bored and jaw continues to hurt
9:45pm - hooray - the satellite is working again...
10pm - wow - 15 min of SNL - my day has come full circle - got to see an SNL cast member and now I"m watching an episode - a crappy one.. but SNL nonetheless - we should be landing soon - hooray for that - I'm hungry
11:02 - luggage has arrived
12:00am - food
12:30am - bath
1am... alright - need to get ready to sleep for a while... stupid time change

What of the hotel... ah... well a few pics...


So the tub was about 6 1/2 ft long and super deep and amazing - and when I left the door open I could lay in the tub and watch tv... awesome!

So tomorrow I'm off to Halifax. Just four hours ahead of Vancouver (that's seven hours change from Hawaii) - good times!
I'm sure I'll have something to share tomorrow night...
Hugs and smooches to everyone! Love you.

No comments: