Sunday, April 25, 2010

is it possible...

Is it possible that anything could have gotten better between the last post and this... ah... well as it turns out I hadn't seen the last of the barenaked ladies. I was in the Halifax airport this morning and I'm sitting with someone from the training, when it looks like she is choking, but then I realize that she sees something behind me and then she shouts out "Ed". I kind of laugh and then jump up and point at my shirt - cause I was wearing it - and shout that it was a great concert.

Ed and Jim - just walking through the airport - awesome!

And then... I decide to get going to wait for my flight and get through security. Halifax goes through my bag extra thoroughly - xray and then by hand (see how I didn't say hand job... oh wait, and then I said it anyway... lol) and I make my way to my gate. Well I've got time, my flight is delayed so I walk through the airport and who do I see... Jim - sitting all by himself - and so I say "Hi, can I be an bad fan and have you sign something..." - sure - he has a sharpie all ready to go... AWESOME
I don't want to be a pain so I'm thinking this will be quick, but instead he strikes up a conversation - asks where I'm going, I ask where he is going. He tells me about his next concert - it was wicked. And then I said thank you very much and off I want - damn near flying away... awesome!

Ok - so now I was in Halifax at 6am at the airport (that's 2 am BC time) - I am now in BC and it is 4:45pm and I'm bagged. I slept through most of the flight from Calgary to Vancouver and then had to deal with an arse at the YVR check in to fly home... arg - should have just stayed on freakin' west jet... she actually gave me a speech on my luggage - I know - my luggage is falling apart - but it is falling apart because of the jack asses that chuck it around at the airport - I'm certainly not destroying it at home. In any case she labels all my bags and repeats a few times how bad my bags are... for five cents! Anyway - I was fully prepared to get crazy because I'm tired, but I just shrugged it off and carried on my way. Now I sit and wait - my flight to finally get home is almost two hours from now... booooo.... but at least I'll be home :)

And no... and I didn't get a photo of Jim, I felt like I'd ask for enough and was just pleased that he would sit and talk to me for a minute. It is, however, etched in my memory ;)

No comments: