Tuesday, August 30, 2011

early again... well then i guess it's time to bake... sheesh

Ok - so I may have made this up a bit... I had something to work from but tried out my Chef Michael Smith skills to see how things would go...




















Yummy fruity goodness with a dash of chocolate muffins 
(world's longest title - my apologies)


2 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup canola oil
2 1/2 cups raspberries

1 cup of saskatoons (I happened to have some frozen that me and Kyle picked)
3/4 cup water
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips (semi-sweet/milk chocolate you decide)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease your muffin tins.


In a medium bowl, mix the flour, salt and baking soda.

In a large bowl, beat the sugar and the oil. Then add the fruity goodness and chocolate chips.



 


Stir in the water and vanilla until incorporated. Add flour mixture, a little at a time and stir until just incorporated. (May need slight bit more water, add by tbsp)



Fill all 12 muffin cups evenly and bake about 30 minutes (took my oven 35), until they are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle of one or two comes out cleanly.






And tonight - I'm going to post some fun photos - I downloaded a camera the kids have been using for a few months and there are some great ones :) 


have a great day - xxoo 


(update - so Kyle liked them and raved about how great they were and Michael basically said he'd rather like the floor - so... yeah... not sure how to take that - they are definitely sweet and I think the sugar could be adjusted - you could sub out some sugar, add applesauce and then reduce the water - kyle is now on his way to Haida Gwaii - lucky kid!  No tears, just see you later and Grandpa let's get this truck going, what's taking Grandma so long!)

No comments: