Sunday, August 21, 2011

Expectations

Kyle asked to spend the night at Grandma and Grandpa's place on Friday night and they agreed.
They fished up a storm and also went ATV riding and picked enough wild raspberries to make jam.

Now, as you may recall, I'm not a fan of using the pressure cooker.  So I took my gear to my parents house so we could make treats for the winter together.  

I expected to make:
 Salsa - medium (too spicy for my mom - by a long shot - but Dad and I liked it.


 We made terrific antipasto! Can't wait to open these babies up!

We didn't expect to see this beautiful cow moose.  She was standing in a swamp on the side of the road and I got out to take a few pictures... should have had my tripod though as the light was too low.

I expected to see my parents lovely flowers and garden.. love these daisies - they open and close with the light!  Beautiful!


I didn't expect to change a tire. You see, as I pulled over to look at the moose, I took a look at the tires and there was a flat.  I pulled over and in changed it.  When I finished Kyle remarked that he couldn't believe it took me an hour to change the tire... it was actually 20 minutes... so I thought I'd done a good job.

I actually don't mind changing tires... it takes me back to university when Carmen and I and our roommate Pam had a flat near the hospital and that because I was sitting on the cold ground I was going to get a cold.. down there :)  And then I got a flat with the guys when Andy worked in Wells just a few years ago.... glad my dad taught me how to change tires... and I'm also glad that it was still light out - really don't like changing them in the dark.

xxoo

Driving safari on the Nazko highway... 3 buck (deer), 2 does (deer), 1 moose, 1 mouse


And congrats to Ryan, our hero and ultra elite athlete!  You accomplished your goals!  Can't wait to hear the story of the race.

No comments: