Friday, September 04, 2009

another friday

Tonight I put in a good 10 miles on the bike all in the comfort of the gym at the hotel... so what did that mean.. it meant that I got a good old hour of kenny vs spenny in.... woohoo... hate me for it, if you like, but I really get a good laugh out of watching them - they are insane - but I like it. (One of the episodes was - how ever gets a boner first is the loser - you can't even imagine the stuff they did to each other or how it ended.. well I guess you can actually guess that... duh... )

Now I'm sitting here writing you and listening to Kyle snore his little heart out... we did have a special afternoon though - I bought an in-room film (not that kind you pervs, I can get that free on the internet...) and we closed the curtains and turned out the lights and pretended we were at the theatre. We watched "Up", one of Disney's new films. I don't know if many of you have seen this movie, but I can understand why it wasn't as popular as Disney might have expected. I will say that I enjoyed it and cried throughout most of the movie - sometimes big tears, sometimes quiet tears... maybe I was just watching it on an off day... I'd watch it again and probably cry as much... the guys didn't shed a tear - which actually does say a lot because Kyle usually sheds a tear or two in a film like that... and nothing - I'm the only one crying. In any case - was it a kids movie - yes, once the dog was introduced as a character... then it was a kids movie and then the kids really started paying attention. At the end of the movie I opened the curtains and it was just like when you leave a theatre, Kyle was shocked that it was still light out...

Tomorrow we are heading to the Kelowna Farmers' Market - 'cause I love it - and then back to Kamloops.

Wanna know what else was great today - I woke up and read the paper - I LOVE THAT! Did I learn something... multiple things in fact... like some new books I should read, that teens are having sex earlier and that there is way more oral - sorry - but that was in the paper... I didn't even know what that meant when I was the age they are reporting is doing it... , I read all the angry editorial on the government (love it) - there were just pages and pages and pages and... you get the idea - simple happiness....

Ok - one more thing - the movie that I really want to see - that someone can take me to - is Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs... I'll be in Vancouver then - so I plan to take myself should I have no one to go with - I think my hotel for the conference is near the theatre in china town...

I'll have photos tomorrow... unless I feel super inspired and get a couple up tonight... ... wait I found some motivation...

Here are the boys at one of three water parks in Kelowna... there is a water slide at this park - the guys had a good time... please note that the next photo is not G rated....






Ok - so this photo comes to you from dinner... this pretty much ended things for me... nasty, nasty... now if you are just seeing a clam - good for you - you are not as nasty disgusting as I am... yes I took a picture - but only so that I could share it with you... nasty nasty... think Everybody Loves Raymond and the painting Marie did that everyone could see something in and Marie couldn't.... and now you know that I love Everybody Loves Raymond...


And last, but not least, me fartin' around with my photobooth program.... xxoo - good night

2 comments:

The Jaded Bee said...

Jade had tears pouring down her face during the movie. I'm not entirely sure she knew why she was crying either because she kept asking where the girl was the whole movie, but she was crying about as much as me. Quentin was affected too. I'm sure it will be watched many, many times in our house!

The Jaded Bee said...

Oh, and we are definitely seeing Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. Not really anything like the book except for the raining food, but we're looking forward to it. Want to come out our way so you can see it in 3D with us?