Sunday, September 06, 2009

no photos

Tonight I decided to work out as opposed to loading photos and blogging... and now I'm reading - something scary... I'll share more about the book soon - so I said I'm reading... I'm reading, but only between commercials - as Dirty Dancing is on tonight and this weekend marks 21 years since I watched it for the first time and fell in love with Patrick Swayze... I also watched it another five or six times that night with my best friends from Elementary School - it was awesome! Watching it now I'm a little shocked that I watched that pre-grade seven and really fell in love with the movie... there is stuff in there that is um... well I would think my parents probably wouldn't have wanted me to see that stuff... now did I get it... well no - I figured that when the lights went out in the sex scene that they were just going to sleep and being close to each other - I didn't know about sex or all that other stuff... I didn't get that the plot of the story "dances" around a character getting an abortion - I definitely didn't get any of that - I just loved the dancing and the closeness of the two characters and how much I wanted that - that closeness... aahhhhhh.... back to the movie :)

3 comments:

Carmen said...

You wouldn't believe how many times we watched the "sex" scene in slow motion to see if we could see Swayze's package when he stood up. To this day I swear we did...

Carmen said...

OMG! I just saw Baby's nipple through her white bra. I am now scarred for life. 21 years and this is the first nipple I notice? WTF???

the author said...

Yes - we totally did the same thing - watching his beautiful rear was great! And we totally searched out the elusive package... we did, however, notice the nipple - or at least I did and I just kind felt embarrassed that I noticed... like what is that... oh right - it was about six months later that I went to another birthday party and we watched this terrible horror film and there was a bunch of nipples in it and I just remember thinking - good god - are they supposed to look like that - as mine definitely did not look like that - and I just thought - gees.. what the hell am I going to do about that... I'm pretty sure it was around this time that I started to get pretty bent out of shape on getting a bra... and I bet that was too much information (TMI - ha) but everyone will just have to suck it up :)

Glad to see I'm also not the only one up watching this... this is definitely a girl thing - Andy had never seen it before and he still hasn't - couldn't be bothered with it - especially with my giggling every couple of seconds...