Wednesday, September 23, 2009

return again

Another delayed post but I've been away enjoying a conference in Vancouver over the last four days. I took a lot away from the conference and plan to integrate some of the stuff I heard into a strategic plan I'm working on - so it was definitely valuable... not to much the excellent networking :)

So those who've been reading here over the last few months or so may have noticed that I have a bit of an affinity towards Lillooet. While I was in Vancouver I took myself to Chapters for an excursion over a lunch break and picked up some recommended reading. Now I had left my swanky hotel (the beautiful Westin Bayshore on Coal Harbour) and the front desk man hailed a cab and off I went about 20+ blocks from the hotel. Now I'm wearing a skirt and heels, but the heels are actually really comfortable... so I figure a little walking - no problem - I do my reference book shopping at Chapters - finding everything I was looking for and then start to walk a little - I try hailing a cab to no avail... I was putting my hand out there, standing in the street... nothing... so I start walking... I end up on the phone with the office and so I stop and stand by a building to talk for a minute... and then I see a custom t-shirts shop and I decide I should do something to commemorate my new love... ;) So I bought myself a new workout t-shirt - my first bamboo shirt - and man - I ran tonight (5.6 km... yeah baby) and it was nice to run in - better than the cotton t-shirts.. not as great as some of my sports bra tanks... but good... anyway - here's what I bought...



What happened after I bought the t-shirt... well I ended up walking all the way back to the hotel.. but it was a beautiful walk and frankly I needed some vitamin D... and now for a few more photos from the amazing conference...


This is the sunrise this morning - thankfully the sun came up and shone in my room as my damned cell phone alarm decided to turn itself off...


This is a wall inside the amazing Vancouver Convention Centre - this is one of the most beautiful buildings I've been in. Northern BC hosted a night in the centre and people were pleased with the building and the views... I mean you really can't beat the view... and speaking of the view...


I was left to hold down the fort for a while... leaving me with a few minutes of free time...

No comments: