Sunday, September 27, 2009

back to the spawning grounds...

Well we couldn't help ourselves and went back to the salmon spawning area on Baker Creek. Today we spent about two hours hunting around and looking under rocks and just enjoying the fleeting days of fall... I say fleeting because this morning we woke up to minus... MINUS - WHAT?... There was frost on my car... enough to scrape off... thankfully no scraping because today was a day off...






Boys, being boys... got some nice big sticks and started poking at the salmon... nice... this didn't last long - my brother would understand my short temper on this kind of situation.. he once poked a moth that I didn't want him touching... he left that scene with a black eye from a broom... this isn't rage I still have (that happened when I was six) so I just asked them to drop their sticks and move on... which we did... it was a great time down by the creek. Today's adventure included bear warnings... lots of sign... so most of the people we saw noted that a bear had been seen - we said thanks and just kept puttering around... being somewhat familiar of the bush we managed to figure out that the bear hadn't been around for quite a while... plus I was packing a walking stick and figured I'd kick some bear tail if it came to that... can't stay in the house scared of one bear...

No comments: